Scouts is open to everyone age 11 to 17 years. We meet on Friday’s from 19:15 until 21:15
The Aim of SCOUTS South Africa is to contribute to the development of boys, girls and young adults in achieving their full potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities by:
- Developing their character;
- Training them in citizenship;
- Developing their spiritual, social, intellectual and physical qualities.
SCOUTS South Africa is based on the following principles:
- Duty to God: Adherence to spiritual principles, loyalty to the religion that expresses them and acceptance of the duties resulting there from.
- Duty to others: Loyalty to one’s country in harmony with the promotion of local, national and international peace, understanding and co-operation. Participation in the development of society with recognition and respect for the dignity of one’s fellows and for the integrity of the natural world.
- Duty to self: Responsibility for the development of oneself.
Each of our Scout Patrols has a page which contains material submitted by Patrol members. At present we have the Cobras, Eagles, and Springboks Patrols.
Have a look at all the scouts who have achieved their Springbok Advancement Badge in our troop (The highest scout advancement):